People & Peaks Productions Ltd. is a production company owned and operated by the Willmore Wilderness Preservation and Historical Foundation. The company specializes in outdoor documentary film production that features the stories of the mountain people and their landscapes. Their shoots take place in the isolated valleys and on pristine summits. Areas include Willmore Wilderness Park, Jasper National Park, and Kakwa Wildland Park. This film company produces high-quality high definition expedition films with breathtaking imagery and compelling, dramatic narratives.
People & Peaks Productions has produced the Canadian Rockies Series (13 X 60’ HD · Documentary), that have been nominated for twenty-two (22) Alberta Film & Television Rosie Awards. The nominations include Best Documentary Series, Best Documentary, Best Director, Best Original Musical Scores; Best Cinematographer, and Best Overall Sound. The productions tell the story of legendary mountain people through compelling and dramatic narratives featuring the isolated valleys and pristine summits of the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
We are proud that People & Peaks Productions one-hour documentaries are being showcased on Wild TV as Special Features, and their newly launched new networks, RFD TV Canada an The Cowboy Channel Canada. The documentaries detail the history, culture and traditions of the Canadian Rockies.
People & Peaks Productions Inc has five licensed Drone Pilots on staff and an expertise in aerial photography in the mountainous regions of the Canadian Rockies.
To share the stories, knowledge, traditions, and culture of the Rocky Mountain community, and the mountain people from around the world, transforming our history and vision into a thriving, flourishing, and dynamic future.
Our mandate is to preserve the history, traditions, and culture of the Canadian Rocky Mountain way of life, along parallel cultures from around the world, through the written word, film, television, and social media. The way of life of the mountain people is worth preserving.
· To bring to life the trails, stories, and pictures about the Canadian Rockies, as well as mountain people from around the world.
· To create a forum for the advancement of education of traditional skills.
· to keep alive the traditional skills, which are used to survive in the mountains.
· To foster understanding of the mountain community’s roots.
· To discover, document, and preserve the stories of this region, using written, film, and digital formats.
· To produce documentaries that focus on traditional knowledge and landscapes of Alberta’s eastern slopes through People & Peaks Productions, which is owned and operated by the Willmore Wilderness Foundation.
To promote tourism and economic development and enhance the use of Willmore Wilderness Park for Albertans and visitors alike utilizing a program called Alberta Rockies Adventures, which is spearheaded by the Willmore Wilderness Foundation